ads1

ads2

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Overland Travel from Thailand to Malaysia

Overland Travel from Thailand to Malaysia

Overland travel by bus from Bangkok to its Southern part and even Malaysia is one option you can consider while in Thailand. There are several schedules to choose from and booking tickets online can also be done. Train is also an alternative option. Trains serve from Bangkok to the Southernmost part of Thailand like Hat Yai and even to the deep south provinces, Yala.

Tickets can also be purchased from travel agencies in Bangkok. I have booked mine from a travel agency at Khao San Road.

At the terminal in Bangkok for my bus to Hat Yai, we waited few hours for the departure time. The terminal was huge. There were several counters so you have to make sure you checked in in the right counter and not miss the bus.

In Thailand, there are at least 2 major bus terminals that I know. One is in Ekkami Bus Station that serves trips going to the eastern side of Thailand like Pattaya or Rayong.

In this case, I was in the southern terminal since I am going to the southern part of Thailand, which is Hat Yai. From Hat Yai, I will be taking another bus going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There is no direct bus from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur as of the moment.





It was a long oddyseus journey to Hat Yai. With the long travels in the past few days, it emptied my energy. Wise enough to just choose to sleep most of the ride. I only wake up when the bus stops and get us go out for food at some restaurant along the way. The bus is air-conditioned so it just feels like you are in a hotel. It is a double-decker bus, huge. It's like having a loft upstairs.

Sleeping is important while you travel. You need to get energized to enjoy the sites.

After the hours I spent on the road, it was dusk when I arrived in Hat Yai, Thailand. The terminal here is just small compared to the one in Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment